Link to source via AirHeads Community

How to restrict user or SSID bandwidth on Instant APs (IAP) - April-MHC

On an Aruba Instant AP you can restrict bandwidth per user-role or per SSID.

So lets say you have a guest SSID account and you don’t want any one particular guest saturating the uploads or downloading or you don’t want your guest SSID to use more the 50kbps up in total; you can set both the upstream and downstream traffic to alleviate this problem (among many other scenarios).

Firstly you will need a pre-existing SSID or are creating a new SSID on an Instant AP, my example SSID here is called Limited.

Log into the web interface of the Instant Virtual Controller (default logon: admin/admin). Now in the top left-hand corner there will be a “Networks” box. In this box will be where your SSIDs are displayed. If you have already created your SSID click on its name and then the edit button that will appear to the right of it; Otherwise click on NEW.

You should now be faced with the WLAN Settings Tab. In the bottom left-hand corner of this window is a label “Show advanced options”, click on this to reveal the more options. This will reveal the “Bandwidth Limits” settings.

If you want to set the max bandwidth capacity for the SSID fill in the kbps amounts for the downstream and/or upstream and continue to the end like normal. EG: 500kbps total up and down traffic.

If you want to limit the bandwidth for each individual user fill in the kbps amounts for the downstream and/or upstream and also check the “Per user” checkbox. This can be useful couple with the “Max client threshold” option just below the Bandwidth Limits options. EG: 500kbps per user up and down.

Now when you limit the upstream or downstream bandwidth limits you will find it will show in the role assignment. If I limit the up and down to 500kbps per user I get this:

See the rest of the configuration options via the source below:

Link to source via AirHeads Community

Liquid Layer Networks | Performance Cloud Web Hosting
http://www.LiquidLayer.net

ParagonHost | Web Hosting Since 2000
http://www.ParagonHost.net