Zimbra Desktop Change Font Size/Weight HOW TO
Hi All

I spent ages trying to change the default font on Zimbra Desktop today and finally found a solution. There seem to be endless posts in the forum about how you can't do it but this worked for me and is a combination of other posts.

You make these changes at your own risk but it worked for me on my XP machine but should work on all systems as it was gleaned from setting the default font on Zimbra server. You just need the find the same folders in your OS.

It is a 3 step process:

1) Close Zimbra desktop. Make sure it is closed including the notification icon.

2) Locate folder C:\Program Files\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\jetty\webapps\zimbra\skins\_base\base2 (on XP)
Make a backup copy of file "skin.properties"
Using notepad or text editor change font settings in the file. Should look like:
#####################
# Fonts
#####################

FontFamily-default = font-family:"Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,"Nimbus Sans L",Arial,"Liberation Sans",sans-serif;
FontFamily-fixed = font-family:monospace;
FontFamily-html = font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;

FontSize-normal = font-size:11px;
FontSize-big = font-size:13px;
FontSize-bigger = font-size:15px; font-weight:bold;
FontSize-biggest = font-size:18px; font-weight:bold;
FontSize-small = font-size:10px;
FontSize-smaller = font-size:9px;
FontSize-miniscule = font-size:6px;
FontSize-html = font-size:10pt;

The font size normal is the one to change, make it 13 or bigger if you need. You can also add the "font-weight:bold;" onto the end of the same line for a thicker font. Anyway have a play around with the fonts and size from here.

Then save the file.

3) Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\~user\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\data\tmp\diskcache\skinres\latest" (on XP)
Delete all the files in the folder. Should be html, js & css in the folder.

Restart Zimbra Desktop to see the new font size. You can go too big and then you would need to change the layout to fit the larger font.

This does not change the composition font but just the main font.

Do this at you own risk, if your not sure what your doing probably best tl leave it alone

Cheers
Andy

*** If your file is locked and does not allow you to change the settings above, an alternative is using the Windows Feature of CTRL ++ or CTRL -- to enlarge the windows application window

[WCN] Web Core Networks
http://www.WebCoreNet.com
Linux | Windows | Multi Domain | Reseller | Email
Hosting Locations: USA | UK | India