LiquidLayer.net | Tech

(We'll be ready soon) Windows 10 Blue Screen753

LiquidLayer private msg quote post Address this user
Creepy (We'll be ready soon) Windows 10 Blue Screen and a note that say's "Do not turn off computer"

So I found my Windows 10 machine / when I logged into the computer this morning and it presented a baby blue screen with large letter banner, We've made some changes to your computer, then faded out to another message / we think you will be excited about, then faded out to (We'll be read soon) and Do not turn off your computer)

First off / and 1st impression is Microsoft would not do something this "Creepy" - could it be a trojan / virus, could it be wiping out my hard drive? During this process the be way the hard drive status light is blazing away.

So I quickly went to another computer and did a search via google for "(We'll be ready soon)" and found the following - by the way / the other thing is using We'll / thought that if anyone microsoft would use proper wording such as "We will be ready soon" so that triggered the "oh know" moment.

Anyway - don't hate it when someone posts a reply (which I found in forums) that do not know really the answer but post generic solutions / such as I had one that said / yeah what I did was turn off the computer and booted from my bootable windows USB and reformatted my computer, What !!

Then here is another response from the Microsoft community to a user that stated:

Q:
I decided to upgrade my Toshiba laptop from Windows 7.1 to Windows 10. The process went smoothly until the blue screen We'll be ready soon. Don't turn off your PC is on the screen. It is now 20 hours later and this is still there. What do I do now?

A:
Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.
To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.
Are you able to boot the system?
Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
Did you get any error messages?

I suggest to upgrade the system using the Windows 10 ISO and check if it helps you.

Refer the below link and check how to create a Windows 10 ISO on a Disk/USB.

Refer: Windows 10 installation disc/USB by creating a Media Creation Tool

Also Refer: How to upgrade to Windows 10 from within Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 using Windows Update

Note: Download the Windows ISO from other PC and try installing it to your hard drive.
Keep us informed for any further queries. We are glad to help you.

*** And this was from a Microsoft Support Engineer !!

Obvious this was a scripted message / and never experienced the issue / one of the options relating back to the windows 10 install disk/USB !!

Go here to read the above But first see the solution below -

No wonder that other person did what they did.

Here is the correct solution from a "Non" Microsoft support person / just an end user:

A:
Good evening,

The creepy message appeared on my laptop a few minutes ago. This is how I made it go away:

1. Pressed CTRL-ALT-DELETE to get to the Task Manager
2. Hit SIGN OUT. This took me back to my lock screen from where I was able to sign back in.

Hope this helps :-)

*** Thank you Amber!

Perhaps you can always go work for Microsoft as a backup plan

PS. We get it / we are support engineers out self's / and I know why the support engineer posted the generic message / but appeared strange that Microsoft seem not to know about the big blue screen / which still seems odd - but the sign out and sign back in / worked like a charm ...

Cheers all...

Dave

PS. If you looking for a great web hosting provider please visit our sponsor - LiquidLayer.net
Post 1 IP   flag post
Terryoke private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for posting this. I too went through the exact thought process and even thought of the word 'creepy'. Too funny! I followed Amber's advice and got back in after waiting 25 mins. What the heck is Microsoft up to now?
Post 2 IP   flag post
1087 2 2