Review: Heimdal Security Agent

Posted by Willy Sudiarto Raharjo at Saturday, December 10, 2011

For those who have seen Thor, you might recognize Heimdal, which was described as the guardian for the Asgard. He watched for any attacks that might threaten Asgard and plays important role to prevent that. Heimdal Security Agent, a product developed by CSIS Security Group A/S named after a Norse god which has the same name (Heimdal in Thor was probably taken from this story as well). But this product is helping users to prevent attack to their confidential data such as credit cards, social security number, emails, computer data, etc.

As i said before, Heimdal Security Agent is divided into two types, free and commercial. The free model allows home users to install this application and you will get basic protection, but it's more than enough. The commercial edition has two more category: pro and corporate. For more detail about the differences between these two version including the pricing, please check their Features. Currently, this product only support Windows client, but they are working to support Mac OS X as well in the future (i really hope they will support Linux users as well though Goodluck). You can get the latest version by visiting this page or if you wanted to skip registration, you can go to this page instead.

Heimdal Security Agent requires .NET Framework 4.0 to be installed on your computer, but if you don't have it yet, don't worry. It will download it automatically (around 50 MB). The process went straightforward and it's safe to assume that all users will have no problem installing this application. This is the only requirement to install Heimdal Security Agent, so don't worry too much. This application is very responsive and it loads so fast, faster than Secunia PSI in my computer (please let me know if i'm wrong about this).

Having this tool combined with Secunia PSI is a must and it won't conflict to each other. Two tools are better than one and hopefully it can give user better protection.

Read the full review here:

http://willysr.blogspot.com/2011/12/review-heimdal-security-agent.html

Business Grade Web Hosting for the cost of Starbucks Coffee

Liquid Layer Networks | Performance Cloud Web Hosting
http://www.LiquidLayer.net