LiquidLayer.net | Tech

Error 1004: Apple IPad Application Updates159

LiquidLayer private msg quote post Address this user
This actually has a very simple fix, that has worked all the times I have seen it.

Simple goto Settings > Safari > Then reset the cookies, Reset the Cache, and Reset the History.

Now turn the iPad off and then on again. It should work fine now.

David

See post here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3342353?tstart=0

(HC) HostCheetah
Post 1 IP   flag post
This fix may also work ...

I copied this from another current thread.

+I had the same problem - even though my time zone was showing correctly, I clicked it away from London and on to Barcelona.. then back to London. That corrected the error - weird but works! Thanks everyone.+

You can try this - go to Settings>General>Date and Time - and change your time zone then change it back again and see if it helps. Or go to Settings>General>International>Region Format - and click on a different region then click on the U.S. Again.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Another possible fix :

I noticed that I had this problem after connecting to a public wifi hotspot at my local Chick-fil-a. Once I connected to their network, it requested my email address and then "connected" me to the internet after submitting the form. I used the internet while eating lunch and all was fine.

I tried to download an app that evening after having connected to my home wifi and started receiving this error.

I reset my settings (Settings=>Reset=>Reset All Settings) and the problem went away. I can only assume that since the iPad keeps all the network connections i've made in a config, that it remembers the Chick-fil-a connection and that buggered up the wireless config for other wifi connections somehow.

Apparently Apple has been dealing with this issue for years across many of its products. So it begs the question:

Has anyone else noticed this behavior after connecting to a public hotspot?

If so, we may finally have something helpful to report Apple.

I am going to test this theory again today to see if it holds any water.
Post 3 IP   flag post
As a last resort see this fix , however if you are using an ipad, the first solution should fix the issue:

Read this for an explanation of error 1004: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error1004

There is a chance that the path to gs.apple.com simply cleared and your reset had nothing to do with the problem going away.
Post 4 IP   flag post
1087 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?